Rules and Etiquette
Sycamore Ice Skating Club is committed to creating a safe and positive environment for skaters’ development. The following rules apply to figure skaters on Perry Park’s freestyle session on Mondays and on Sycamore ISC’s club sessions on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Music will be played on provided iPod. (Email music files to Ellie.)
- No skaters may plug in their personal devices.
- Skaters will place their index card(s) in line for their program(s) to be played.
- Skaters will wear the neon sash while skating to music.
- After performing their program, skaters will announce the next skater in line and play his or her music.
- Warm-up/background music is available on the iPod.
- Skaters in a program and skaters in a lesson have right of way.
- Skaters in a lesson will yield to skaters in a program.
- All skaters will remain alert and aware of their surroundings.
- Please do not kick the ice, damage property of others or yell obscenities.
- Skaters will follow instructions given by coaches, club board members and rink staff.
- All skaters must immediately leave the ice when the session ends.
Skaters not following these rules will be asked to leave the ice surface.